Have you ever heard of Adrian, Oregon? I never have until last month. Adrian is home of the Antelopes, with green and yellow colors. With a population in July, 2021 of 177, Adrian became last weekend's destination. When I started doing half marathons 5 years ago, I regularly search on-line for races in my area and beyond. My favorite is a half marathon calendar site. I search by date or state, Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Montana mainly. Last month one called Owyhee off-road challenge caught my eye. It had a 55K, half, 10K and 5K option. With the 55K (34.175 miles) in the works, I knew I'd have plenty of time to complete a half. With a 6 hour drive it took a bit of thought. This would be my first half since October, and with quite an elevation gain of 1377. But after looking at what I've done in the past I thought I could manage. If I got there and changed my mind, I knew I could drop down to a 10K. I should have dropped do...
Comments