My new Vita-Mix


So here it is, my new Vita-Mix 5200. I was able to purchase it sooner then expected. It was on the pricey side to say the least. Just no eating out for the next month or so.

My first use was some yogart and frozen strawberries. I am not a huge yogart fan, so I didn't eat much. Jaymason wouldn't touch it, but as you can see from the pictures below, Blake ate it right up.















I am now onto making some green smoothies. So far the best recipe is:



8+ leaves of Spinach
2 oranges, peeled
10+ grapes
6-7 frozen strawberries (If you use frozen fruit, no need to add ice)
1 cup water. (Next time use 1/2 cup if using oranges, as they are juicy enough.)
I haven't been very good at counting the foods I put in, but this is a rough estimate.

Had one this morning with 2 small apples instead of oranges. Also very good, and you can throw all the apple in, I just cut mine in half is all.

Even though I got this for a healthier fare, we must not forget the all time favorite: Milkshake.

Comments

Linda said…
We've had one for years. Love it! My favorite is orange, banana and apples. We add a little vanilla, honey and ice. Sometimes adding milk if it's to thick. I never thought to add spinach.
Anonymous said…
Well of Course JJ wouldn't touch it..he doesn't eat!! And of course Blake ate it up..hes a Piggy Pig Pig!! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Adrian, Oregon

ONCE UPON A DRESSER

Repurposed window