Thanksgiving - 2009
Bruce, Jake, Wyatt & Jeff

finally preperations.
With Thanksgiving upon us, I waited until the last minute to decide what to do this year. Just stay home, which was appealing, or wait for that invite to someplace we might want to go. Well, the girls were staying in Spokane, so 1 option was to go to Audra's for the day. Wyatt wouldn't have to travel for that one. Most family in the Washtucna area were going to be away, and I didn't really want to go there anyway. So staying home looked to be the plan. That was until Aunt Betty called to see if we wanted to go to their house. She spoke with a little apprehension in her voice, as she explained at 81 she didn't know about having EVERYONE over. I set her mind at ease with the fact that Audra, Heather and all their family would be in Spokane, and it would be just the 4 of us. With that said, all was a go for Aunt Betty and Cousin Bruces house.
Now I felt horrible, they have lived at their new home now over a year and I still had not visited. They aren't that far away either. Kinda between Cheney and Spangle. We had to call for direction (even though Jeff had been their once, apparently he wasn't paying attention) and Jacob got lost at one point, coming from the Cheney way. We ended up meeting him on the road going one way as we were going the other. So we were all lost together in a convoy kind of way. Jacob, then us, then Wyatt who had followed us in from the Spangle direction.
If the roads were bad, or worse yet, the least bit foggy out, we would of been in a pickle.
But we arrived in good time, dinner was not yet served. 9 total; my folks, sister Pam, Jake, Wyatt, Jeff and I, and Betty & Bruce. Musn't forget their new golden retriever pup, Luke.
Now I wish I had taken more pictures.
Comments