
I would of never noticed the bird if it wasn't for its chirping. As I went to adjust the sprinkler, there it was on the ground by the rotatiller. After some observation I decided to get the camera. When I returned I expected it to of flown away, but it moved to higher ground. First on top of the wagon with garden stakes in it.


Then onto the pine tree with her eye on her goal above. The momma bird, who was on constant vigil over her offspring. Her continuous chirping, or was it squeeling or squawking made her presence known. She fluttered from branch to branch at such a pace as not to be photographed. I kept my eye on the little guy as he kept his eye on me. After getting back from retreaving my other camera, the bird had assended closer to his goal. Was it the birdhouse above, or the higher branches where Momma is?



A little higher, a little higher. I continued to observe this drama. I am sure in the birds eyes, a life or death situation. They thought I was an enemy to be sure. Momma never stopped her chirping, the youngster would talk back only occasionally, as he needed to save energy and focus to get to higher ground, to safety.
God cares about this bird, so how much more does He care about us, His chosen ones?
Is He up there squawking and chirping at us when we fall, like the momma bird is now. Constantly cheering us forward and upward to safety away from the perils of earth. Or is He cautioning us on which way to go. Are we listening? Are His eyes still on us when we fall? You bet they are just like the momma bird, He is constantly talking to us and watching over us. Again are we listening? I think baby bird was listening. She wanted out of this mess
This young bird wasn't big enough to fly on it's own. Are we ever big enough to fly on our own? I know I am not, because when I try I eventually end up on the ground again. Maybe not right away, but I will and the only place to look will be up. We can all look up and take heart that God is chirping away at us to get up and moving again in His direction. The direction of safety.
I for one, want out of this mess



After some time of watching baby bird on the bird house I turned away to other things. He then fluttered on up the tree, it's lower branches and shortly to it's momma above. The second half of his journey went much quicker then the first. Perhaps because I was no longer watching so closely. At first I was distracting the baby from reaching its goal as quickly as he otherwise could of. I know those distraction well, they can come in all forms. How quickly and easily it is for us to get distracted from what we know is right, or from what we know we ought to be doing. But once we get past them, we can move quicker to safety in our lives. Momma and baby are now both loudly chirping away, I am sure with songs of joy in their hearts.
Comments