Repurposed window
I can finally write about another repurposed item. Actually this is only my 2nd one. You will have to read my Sept. 2009 blog for the other one. The recipients of this item, Paul & Bridget finally were given their wedding gift.
There is a story behind this window:
I retrieved this window some time ago from upstairs in my parents garage, where all old things go to retire. This window I could tell from the hinge holes and various colors of paint, green & pink mainly, that if came from my Grandma Cameron's house in Washtucna.
It was in their bathroom but I couldn't tell you when it was removed.
The process was relatively easy with Jeff and I both working on the frame. We removed the original glass, scraped and cleaned up the panes, along with the frame. After a few coats of white spray paint, we reinstalled the glass with putty.
It then went to daughter Audra to put the finishing touches on it, as it was a gift from her anyway. As with any good parents we just helped it along the way. And with her 4 boys around, the 4th being born during this process, it was just safer/easier for all involved if we did a part.
Audra finished up the window with their names, wedding date and their families ranch brands.
Comments