R.E.D.I.R.E.C.T




R.E.D.I.R.E.C.T


The other day I put an address in my Google Maps for directions. I missed my turn, and Maps goes into redirect mode. Not the first time this has happened. Then it gives me a different route to get to my desired destination, plan B as it were.

It reminds me of all the times I have made a wrong turn in life and God had to redirect me.

The other day I was at a vendor market. Not needing anything, but I like looking at those hanging crystal things. I have seen these plenty of times before.  But one caught my eye, and I couldn't put it back.  At the end of the collection of prisms and wire was a fairy sitting on a crescent moon looking down at me.  I immediately turned that fairy into my Guardian Angel. 

Thank goodness for those Angels. Psalms 91:11-12 says, for he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Now I have put my angel through the wringer.  I picture a spin cycle with my angel going round and round, flattened against the side of the drum. When it slows down that angel pops up, gives herself a good shake, flies like Casper back to her perch on my shoulder, fresh as a daisy, ready to go again. Whatever I manage to throw her way she is always there. Now I try not to give her too much grief, not intentionally anyway. Sometimes I manage to say or do something that I know I shouldn't.  That in turn sends me off in the wrong direction.  And I have to get myself back on course, redirect my path, eventually getting to the right place again.  I don't really like taking the long way around, but in the end, I get to where I should have been going in the first place.

The day was coming to an end, the vendors were packing up. That quick, spur of the moment stop in Quincy, and a few dollars gave me the reminder I needed, God is always there. Even when I make those wrong turns, there is always a way back.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adrian, Oregon

ONCE UPON A DRESSER

Repurposed window